We often don’t think about furnace and duct cleaning as we approach the summer months, but with your cooling system about to kick in (we promise summer will come), learn if you should clean your air ducts.
Remember that air ducts are the same for furnace and air conditioning. Our furnaces will get a break and the A/C will start up, but your air is circulated through the same ducts.
What is it?
Furnace and duct cleaning refers to cleaning components of your heating and cooling system. This includes the supply and return air ducts, vents, fans, and more. Sometimes these parts can become dirty from dust, pollen or other debris and cause allergy issues. Additionally, combined with moisture they can be a home for mold.
Before duct cleaning After duct cleaning
7 Reasons Your Air Ducts Need Inspecting:
- You recently remodeled or completed construction in your home. Drywall debris can be circulated through your ducts during construction.
- You have just moved into a home.
- If you can see dust or debris released into the home.
- Your home has visible mold growth inside hard surface ducts or on other parts of your heating/cooling system. (Please note that insulated air ducts that have been wet or are moldy may need to be replaced).
- Air ducts are or have been infested with rodents or insects.
- You or family members experience unusual allergic symptoms or illness.
- It has been over 5 years since you had your ducts cleaned
Two Ways to Clean Air Ducts:
- Some companies use an outdoor vacuum to bring air from your home outside. This means your air-conditioned air will be removed and replaced with outdoor air.
- Other companies use indoor vacuums. An indoor vacuum recirculates indoor air through HIPPA filters and does not bring hot or cold air inside. INTEK uses indoor vacuums for cleaning so regardless of the season, the home stays a comfortable temperature.
- To prevent dirty air ducts, be sure water and dirt are not entering the system. Always remember to replace your system’s filters every two months.
When You Don’t Need Your Air Ducts Cleaned:
- If no one in your home is suffering from allergies or unexplained allergic symptoms
- If you can’t see large deposits or mold. Grates get dirty and a simple vacuuming would be sufficient.
We Offer Duct Cleaning in Sioux Falls
If INTEK cleans your furnace and air ducts, here is what you can expect:
- Indoor vacuum cleaning system.
- Three hours to complete the cleaning (we like to schedule 8:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. appointments)
- You do not need to be home while we clean
- Your home will not get messy or dusty
- You do not need to prep your home
Learn More About Intek’s Furnace and Duct Cleaning