If you need assistance with water in your home or business and have contacted INTEK, we appreciate your patience in this time of severe flooding. We are trying to reach as many of you as fast as possible. In the meantime, here are a few tips to help minimize your damage.
Minimize Water Damage:
- Please make sure you have no electrical devices that are submerged. If you are unsure, do not step in standing water.
- Move as many of the items in the wet area to a dry location (for example, the garage or a dry location in the basement) to ease drying and to prevent further damage to those items. If they are wet, lay them out to aid the drying process.
- Pull up your carpet and remove the wet pad. Place the wet pad in garbage bags and remove from your house. Be careful, as wet pad is very heavy! Cut into smaller pieces you can carry.
- Extract as much water as you can from your carpet using a wet-dry vac or a carpet shampooer.
- Set up fans and dehumidifiers, but continue to run your air conditioner to help pull the humidity from the air.
If you would like to be placed on our waiting list, please call (605) 332-3006.
Thank you. Again, thank you for your patience and we appreciate your business.
See Intek’s Water Damage restoration services »