Fur, muddy paw prints, bathroom accidents: Pet owners know owning a dog or cat can really wreak havoc on your flooring.
Professional carpet cleaning is a great option, but is it safe for your four-legged friend? And what can you do to maximize the life of your clean carpet in between professional cleanings?
Let’s start with the big question: your pet’s safety.
Our hot water extraction carpet cleaning process includes biodegradable products to ensure the safety of you and your pets. Although we’d recommend letting your carpets dry fully before bringing your pet back in the area, this is only for their comfort – the carpets will be a little damp but safe to spend time on!
Keep Your Carpets in Good Condition Between Cleanings
Of course, you can’t get a professional carpet cleaning every time your pet gets something on your carpet. In the meantime, you can keep your carpets clean using some of these tips!
- Clean their paws. Towel off your pet’s paws right when they come back in the house, especially if it’s been raining. This will help cut down on the dirt that makes it to your carpet.
- Keep their nails trimmed. Maintaining your pet’s nails will help cut down on snags, which can ruin your carpet fiber in the long-term.
- Vacuum regularly. If you have a pet, you may need to vacuum more often – especially if your dog or cat sheds frequently! This will prevent dirt and hair from building up in your carpets.
- Act fast with accidents. We get it – accidents happen! The best thing you can do for your carpet when they do is to act fast. Clean up the area as soon as possible with a pet-friendly carpet cleaner.
- Use baking soda. A good way to keep carpets smelling fresh between cleanings is to deodorize with baking soda. You can also add a few drops of essential oil to your baking soda before sprinkling over your carpets. Leave the baking soda for about 10 minutes and then vacuum it up!
Give Intek a Call
None of this is a replacement for a deep, professional carpet cleaning, but it will all help you maintain your carpets. If you’re ready for a refresh, give the Intek team a call.