Despite what the South Dakota forecast might be telling you – spring has sprung! This year, as you make your spring cleaning plans, consider your carpet. Here are seven reasons to clean your carpets as part of your spring cleaning routine:
- Breathe better: Properly cleaning your household carpet removes dust, allergens, pollen, and pet and insect dander that could be hiding in the microscopic forest of your carpet. By eliminating these airborne things, you’re not only cleaning your carpet, but you’re also cleaning the air you, your friends, and your family breathe!
- Kick the danders: As you may have noticed – spring is home to one of our big allergy seasons in South Dakota. There’s no better time to get rid of that dust and dander that builds up in your carpet! Carpets act like filters and trap allergens. If the carpet is not cleaned correctly, the allergens can be disturbed and released into the air again.
- Evict (and prevent) dust mites: Two thirds of the dust in your house is made from human skin. These tiny flakes of flesh are a delicacy for mites. Even if your carpet looks clean, dust settled between the fibers serves a buffet for virtually imperceptible insects.
- Boot bacteria: Microscopic bacteria and germs can hide away in your carpet. When you have your carpets professionally cleaned, these systems penetrate deep into the fibers and lift out the dirt and many pollutants that we track into the house. These systems then bring the pollutants out of the household and dispose of them in the correct manner.
- Mitigate mold: By having your carpet professionally cleaned, it will remove most of the moisture, allowing carpets to dry fast and prevent mold growth. When a carpet is kept clean and dry, mold simply cannot grow on synthetic fibers.
- Keep your carpet: Carpet is one of the major investments for any homeowner. Want your carpet to look brand new? Dirt tucked in the carpet acts like sandpaper, breaking down the carpet fiber every time you walk on it. Eliminating dirt will eliminate the wear and tear on carpet fiber, allowing them to stay looking clean and new for longer.
- Shred those stains: Does your living room showcase stubborn stains? The longer you leave them in, the harder they are to get out. By hiring Intek to steam clean, we’ll use a hot water extraction method that gently lifts stains out without damaging your carpet.
In Your Time of Need, Call the Intek Team
Carpet cleaning is a critical aspect of home ownership. Take some time to protect your investment while creating a better environment for you and your visitors.
When you’re spring cleaning or get caught with some unwanted stains, call the Intek team.
Our state-of-the-art technology and cleaning systems can protect and restore your carpet. No matter how dirty life gets, you can count on Intek to be there for you.