Maintaining your carpet takes a little work, but with all of the available technology and services for carpet cleaning in Sioux Falls, it doesn’t have to be incredibly difficult, either.
To maintain your carpet on a regular basis, you’ll occasionally need a cleaning service, but you’ll also need a good vacuum.
Choosing a vacuum for carpet cleaning in Sioux Falls can be overwhelming due to the variety of choices. Price range is probably the biggest factor. You can spend anywhere from $20 to $700. How much is appropriate?
Two major factors are: 1) the size of your living space, and 2) whether you own a pet. You don’t need to break the bank if you live in a tiny apartment. On the other hand, if you live in a large house, a $20 stick vacuum won’t cut it.
Bagless vacuums are popular, and most come with a HEPA filter for you allergy sufferers and pet owners. These vacuums will keep your carpet clean, whether you have a dog or dust allergies. Or both. Or neither.
Here are our five favorite vacuums.
1. Bissell Cleanview Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Orange, 1831
$99.99 on Amazon
A low-priced vacuum that has very positive reviews on Amazon, the Bissell Cleanview is a good basic carpet cleaner.
- Lightweight design
- Suitable for carpet, hardwood, and furniture
- 25-foot power cord with automatic rewind and a 6-foot hose
- 2 liter dirt cup capacity
- OnePass Technology gives powerful suction and gets rid of most floor debris on the first pass
2. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E
$209 on Amazon
Stepping up in price to a Shark will bring better quality to your carpet cleaning efforts. The lift-away design allows the Shark to function as both a canister and upright vacuum. Simply detach the canister from the base to use as a canister vac, and reattach to transform it back into an upright. Canister opens with the flip of a switch for easy emptying.
- Never loses suction
- Lightweight, portable canister with premium pet tools
- Motorized brush for heavy-duty jobs
- Anti-Allergen complete seal technology + HEPA
- Superior carpet & bare floor cleaning with brushroll shutoff
- Large capacity bagless dust cup
3. iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum for Pets and Allergies
The Roomba i7 robot vacuum unleashes powerful cleaning. This vacuum pulls in stubborn dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction, ensuring it tackles even fine pet hair, dust, and dirt.
- Works with Alexa
- Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and uses suction to clean
- Learns the dirtier areas in your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows.
- Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair
- Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors
- High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat and dog dander allergens
4. Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson vacuums are expensive – but they are expensive for a reason. They work really well. This model was among the top recommended vacuums of 2020-21 from www.smartreview.com.
It appears there isn’t much this Dyson can’t do. Using Dyson Cinetic science, 35 high-frequency oscillating Dyson Cinetic tips capture the microscopic dust that clogs other vacuums. This is a fantastic vacuum for allergy sufferers, pet owners, or those who just want a really powerful vacuum.
- No dirty filters to wash
- Self-adjusting cleaner head
- Hygienic bin emptying
- Designed for homes with pets with Tangle-free Turbine tool removes hair from carpets and upholstery without tangling
- Dyson Ball technology. 35 high frequency oscillating Dyson Cinetic tips capture the microscopic dust
- Whole-machine HEPA filtration and certified asthma & allergy friendly
- Engineered to remove allergens from difficult places
5. iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi and Alexa
$199 on Amazon
If you have a large house and not much time for cleaning, this vacuum is for you. It will clean your entire house and can be operated virtually via Alexa, Google Assistant or an app on your phone.
This is the only vacuum on our list that does not include a HEPA filter, although its other features are impressive. The Dirt Detect helps our Roomba focus on whichever floor area is the dirtiest. Its 3 Stage Cleaning system & Dual Multi-Surface brushes grab dirt from carpets & hard floors, and an Edge-Sweeping brush takes care of corners & edges.
- Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean carpets & hard floors
- Automatically recharges after 90 minutes of cleaning and resumes to complete the entire job
- iRobot HOME App and Alexa or Google Assistant lets you clean, schedule and set cleaning preferences from your smartphone
Contact INTEK for Carpet Cleaning in Sioux Falls and Yankton
Having a good vacuum is the first step, but to keep your carpet looking fresh you’ll also need to occasionally hire a professional. INTEK can handle all carpet cleaning in Sioux Falls. We also handle general cleaning, tile floor cleaning, and many other services.