Maintaining your carpet takes a little work, but with all of the available technology and services for carpet cleaning in Sioux Falls, it doesn’t have to be incredibly difficult, either. To maintain your carpet on a regular basis, you’ll occasionally need a cleaning service, but you’ll also need a good vacuum.
Choosing a vacuum for carpet cleaning in Sioux Falls can be overwhelming due to the variety of choices. Price range is probably the biggest factor. You can spend anywhere from $20 to $700. How much is appropriate? Two major factors are the size of your living space and whether you own a pet. You don’t need to break the bank if you live in a tiny apartment. On the other hand, if you live in a large house, a $20 stick vacuum won’t cut it.
Bagless vacuums are popular, and most come with a HEPA filter for you allergy sufferers and pet owners. These vacuums will keep your carpet clean, whether you have a dog or dust allergies. Or both. Or neither. Here are our five favorite vacuums.
1. Bissell Cleanview Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Orange, 1831
$69.99 on Amazon
A low-priced vacuum that has very positive reviews on Amazon, the Bissell Cleanview is a good basic carpet cleaner.
– Lightweight design; suitable for carpet, hardwood, and furniture
– 25-foot power cord with automatic rewind and a 6-foot hose; 2 liter dirt cup capacity
-OnePass Technology gives powerful suction and gets rid of most floor debris on the first pass
2. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E
$139 on Amazon
Stepping up in price to a Shark will bring better quality to your carpet cleaning efforts. The lift-away design allows the Shark to function as both a canister and upright vacuum. Simply detach the canister from the base to use as a canister vac, and reattach to transform it back into an upright. Canister opens with the flip of a switch for easy emptying.
– Never loses suction
– Lightweight, portable canister with premium pet tools
– Motorized brush for heavy-duty jobs
– Anti-Allergen complete seal technology + HEPA
– Superior carpet & bare floor cleaning with brushroll shutoff
– Large capacity bagless dust cup
3. iRobot Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets and Allergies
The Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaning Robot provides a concentrated clean, all at the push of a button. The 3-Stage Cleaning System with Dirt Detect Series II identifies dirtier areas in your home and focuses cleaning, ensuring Roomba tackles even fine pet hair, dust, and dirt.
– iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
– 3-Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and uses suction to clean
– Dirt Detect Series II identifies dirtier areas and focuses cleaning where it’s needed most
– Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot
– HEPA-type filter traps dirt and dust
– Adjusts to your floor type, docks and recharges automatically
4. Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy
Dyson vacuums are expensive. But they are expensive for a reason. They work really well. This model was the winner of Best of 2015 Award from www.smartreview.com.
It appears there isn’t much this Dyson can’t do. Using Dyson Cinetic science, 35 high frequency oscillating Dyson Cinetic tips capture the microscopic dust that clogs other vacuums. This is a fantastic vacuum for allergy sufferers, pet owners, or those who just want a really powerful vacuum.
– No dirty filters to wash or replace
– Whole-machine HEPA filtration and certified asthma & allergy friendly
– Designed for homes with pets with Tangle-free Turbine tool removes hair from carpets and upholstery without tangling
– Engineered to remove allergens from difficult places
5. iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi and Alexa
$249 on Amazon
If you have a large house and not much time for cleaning, this vacuum is for you. It will clean your entire house and can be operated virtually via Alexa or an app on your phone. This is the only vacuum on our list that does not include a HEPA filter, although its other features are impressive. The Dirt Detect helps our Roomba focus on whichever floor area is the dirtiest, although it can’t handle anything but dry floors, it does have a 3-Stage Cleaning System and Dual Multi-Surface Brushes adjusts automatically, depending on the size of debris it’s facing on carpets or hardwood.
– Intelligent sensors and 1 Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier helps you set the cleaning parameters of your home
– Automatically recharges after 90 minutes of cleaning and resumes to complete the entire job
– iRobot HOME App and Alexa or Google Assistant lets you clean, schedule and set cleaning preferences from your smartphone
Contact INTEK for Carpet Cleaning in Sioux Falls and Yankton
Having a good vacuum is the first step, but to keep your carpet looking fresh you’ll also need to occasionally hire a professional. INTEK can handle all carpet cleaning in Sioux Falls. We also handle general cleaning, tile floor cleaning, and many other services.