When was the last time you cleaned your clothes dryer vent?
If the answer is I don’t know — or, worse, I didn’t know I had to — listen up. Here’s how often to clean your dryer vent in Sioux Falls (and why it’s so important).
The Short Answer: Clean Your Dryer Vent Once a Year
Yep, experts say you should clean your dryer vent at least once a year.
We’re not talking about simply removing the lint from the filter, either. A complete dryer vent cleaning involves:
- Going outside to inspect the dryer vent opening
- Clearing obstructions from the outside dryer vent
- Removing lint buildup from the entire length of the dryer vent
- Cleaning the area behind the dryer
- Thoroughly cleaning the dryer lint trap and drum
Sound like a lot of work? It can be — which is why you may want to hire a professional dryer vent cleaner in Sioux Falls to do the job well (and safely).
…But You May Want to Clean It More Often
An annual dryer vent cleaning is actually the bare minimum that experts recommend.
You may want to clean your dryer vents several times a year, depending on your:
- Family size: The more loads you wash, the more often you need to clean your dryer vents.
- Pet situation: Pet hair and fur cause dryer vents to get clogged much more quickly than those in pet-free homes.
- Types of laundry: Bulky items like towels, blankets, and fleece clothing also cause dryer vents to get clogged more quickly.
- Frequency of buying clothes: New clothes produce more lint than clothes that have been laundered many times.
Not sure whether it’s time to clean your dryer vents? Check out these important warning signs. (Warning sign #1: Your clothes aren’t getting dry.)
Don’t Let a Clogged Dryer Vent Hang You Out to Dry!
Cleaning your dryer vents regularly isn’t just a “nice-to-do” house project. Read these three dangers of a clogged dryer vent to learn why it’s so critical to schedule a professional dryer cleaning at least once a year.
Hint: it helps prevent house fires.
For the best dryer vent and duct cleaning in Sioux Falls, contact our team at INTEK. While you can try to clean your dryer yourself, specialists say DIY cleaning can actually worsen the problem by failing to remove all the lint and accidentally compacting it in the vent. That poses an even bigger threat of fire damage!
Plus, our trained duct cleaners in Sioux Falls offer free video inspections and quotes, so there’s no commitment involved when you make a call today.