Heard of duct cleaning? If you’re a homeowner, you probably have. You may have even hired a professional furnace and duct cleaning service for your home.
But is duct cleaning really necessary?
Keep reading to find out if you actually need duct cleaning in Sioux Falls or Yankton — or if you can just save your money.
Duct Cleaning in Sioux Falls: Smart Move or Waste of Money?
We know what you’re thinking: You’re a cleaning company — of course you’re going to say duct cleaning is necessary!
Hang on — we might surprise you. We don’t recommend duct cleaning to everyone.
Here’s how to know whether or not you need duct cleaning in Sioux Falls.
You Probably Need Duct Cleaning If:
- You suspect your ducts are infested with mold, vermin, or excess dust. If you notice any of these telltale signs, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends you clean your ductwork STAT.
- You recently built or renovated your home. Construction can wreak havoc on your ducts, which is why we recommend cleaning your dusty ductwork after a new build or remodel.
- You’re concerned about the air quality in your home. Experiencing bad allergies? Having trouble breathing? First off, consult your physician to investigate the underlying cause. It could be related to your home, which is when duct cleaning or even mold remediation could alleviate your symptoms.
You May Not Need Duct Cleaning If:
- You had your ductwork cleaned within the last five to seven years. Unless you have one of the extenuating circumstances above, experts say you can probably go five to seven years without cleaning your ducts.
- You maintain a very consistent cleaning schedule. If you’re incredibly tidy and keep on top of your dusting, vacuuming, and air-filter replacing on a regular basis, your ducts may not be as dirty as you think.
- Your family and guests never complain about allergies or air quality while in your home. There’s little point in “improving your air quality” if your air quality is already pristine. Don’t feel like you need to fix a problem that doesn’t exist.
See? Told you we’d be honest about whether you do (or don’t) need to get your ducts cleaned!
Think You Might Need Duct Cleaning in Sioux Falls?
Found yourself on the “probably need duct cleaning” list?
Find out for sure if you need duct cleaning by getting a free video inspection from INTEK. Yep, we’ll take a video of your ductwork and show you how clean or dirty it actually is — allowing you to decide for yourself if our services are necessary!
Learn more about duct cleaning in Sioux Falls or Yankton by clicking below.